Sunday, June 5, 2011

When I'm 64

When I'm 64 is a love song written by the Beattles. In the song the man is asking the woman if she will still need him or feed him when they are 64 and have grown old. I have attached a youtube video of the song.

My client is a 93 year old man that has been married to his wife for 69 years. I immediately thought of the song above when I was interviewing the man. They are a sweet couple that obviously have grown old together and still love each other. As the man has become unable to function with with daily life, his devoted wife has become his primary caregiver. His wife now does most everything for him. Unfortunately, this has led to the man learning to be dependent on his wife to go to the bathroom or eating.

The man might regain some abilities if his wife would let him do things for himself. But at 93, the man is happy to live his last part of his life with his wife at his side caring for and loving him. I only hope I am going to be that lucky!!

1 comment:

  1. Love that video! Leave it to the Beatles to put a catchy tune to a touching subject. Sixty nine years is a long time to be married!

    ReplyDelete