Saturday, June 18, 2011

OT gyms

After discussion in class last week about OT gyms and other spaces that are available for therapy, I did a search on pictures of OT gyms. Just click on the title, I attached a link with some pictures. Some of these gyms are amazing! It would be wonderful if every SNF, hospital, and clinic had some of the spaces shown in the pics. I know at the SNF where I am doing fw this summer, the space is small and is shared by other disciplines. Some days there is not anywhere to sit, much less, do a physical activity. I think this lack of space keeps a lot of people from getting the therapy that would greatly benefit them. I know that budgets are getting cut everywhere in our country, and it seems as if a lot of people are having to suffer physically and mentally because of these cuts. Yet, getting medical and physical intervention is costing more and more. When our class went on a field trip to a nearby town, the hospital had a huge and well equipped gym that OT and PT shared. Wouldn't it be nice to see this type of gym at our summer fw?

No comments:

Post a Comment