Sunday, June 12, 2011

A good session

Once again I get to the end of Sunday and I have not idea what to blog about.
As I reflect over my last session with my patient; it was a good session. We worked on ADL's, toileting and sitting balance. She responds well to me unlike with the therapy team at the facility. She gives therapy a hard time. PT, OT or speech, it does not matter! So what do I do differently? Hmm, maybe she responds because I am a student, or she does not see me everyday like the rest of the therapy team. Maybe I am not as bossy as some of the therapists. She is quick in telling me that she does not want to do something but I just smile and keep going anyway. Maybe that icebreaker/interview helped soften her attitude towards me. Whatever the reason I hope it continues so that we can get her stronger so she can go home and not deal with these therapists!!

No comments:

Post a Comment