Friday, July 15, 2011

A Good Death

The theme for this week is "A Good Death". There are so many things running through my head right now that I don't know what to put first.
The minute we are born, we begin to die. This life is my journey and my destination is heaven.
I do not want to die with regrets, but regrets are part of life and I have a lot of them. I already regret not spending more quality time with my children. I regret the hard times that I put my parents through. I regret making a lot of decisions without praying about them first.
Regrets aside, I have had a very blessed life. When I was younger I would worry about dying and thought about it often. Now that I am older, I do not worry about death. I feel at peace with the thought of dying. I am not ready to leave this world, but I am prepared.
Those who work with hospice are angels on earth. They are the most caring people I have ever met. When a person is suffering from a terminal illness, the support hospice gives can make a big difference to everyone involved in making decisions.
I'm sure everyone would prefer a peaceful, pain free death and I am included in that preference. My definition of a good death? I want to die at the end of the day, satisfied that my God and my family know that I love them. After I have gone to bed, said my prayers, and asked for forgiveness, a peace surrounds me that only God can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment