Sunday, May 29, 2011

Back To the Future...

Ever since we had our conversation in class this past Wednesday about how we see ourselves as seniors I have been "revisiting" my future off and on. There have been some good thoughts and some thoughts that worry me a bit. The good thoughts are the ones like me being able to see my young son become a man (I'm praying a productive one) and seeing what kind of adults my nieces and nephews become. Then the thought of me being old and alone keeps popping into my mind. I joke about my son sending me to a nursing home, but there is a good chance that will happen. So the idea of forming a "pact" with some friends is sounding better and better the more I think about me as a senior citizen. Another thought that concerns me a bit is wondering if I would impacted some one's life in a positive way. I have been thinking about this somewhat for a while but it really came into focus after watching the "Queen of impact"...Oprah! Her last shoes made me cry all through all of them, especially her 2 day Surprise Spectacular. She has done so many things for so many people; it made me think about all the things I would like to do. But, I know that one's life can be impacted by simple things as well. One of the small (and probably having a zero "wow" factor to someone else...but it means something to me) things I think about when I think if my grandfather is when he taught my son how to ride a bike. I think of how his own father did not teach him how to ride a bike but my grandfather cared enough to take the time out to teach him. It makes me smile every time and think about how much I love that old man! But anyway, I said all of that to say I hope when I am "old old" someone will love and cherish me the way I do him.

No comments:

Post a Comment