Sunday, December 11, 2011

Closer to the finish line

The 3 classes I have taken this semester, FWI, Professional Skills, & OT Media, have made me more prepared for my 2 FWIIs that begin in January. I have learned alot of new diagnoses for pediatrics & the types of treatments that help each of them. I have also learned about splinting that I will use in the acute care treatments for some patients. Professional skills has helped me become more prepared for FWII, & it has given me all the ins & outs of becoming a COTA. I'm beginning to think more like a therapist than a student, which has given me a big confidence boost.


FWI has also been a big confidence booster for me. I have been to a variety of settings - DD groups, outpatient treatments, SNF treatments & pediatric treatments. I’m most comfortable in the pediatric & DD settings, & I hope I’ll be able to find a job in one of these settings.... that is, if I don’t fall in love will my FWII that’s in the acute care setting in a hospital, & I don’t fall out of love in my FWII in a school setting.


As far as blogging..... I’m afraid I was not excited about blogging beginning in OTA 163, & I am still not excited about blogging. It is a bit more easier to get my thoughts down (from ~ 1hr to ~ 20 min, depending on the topic), but I don’t think I will ever blog again. But who knows, never say never!

No comments:

Post a Comment