Sunday, December 11, 2011

The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do. ~Author Unknown

Double click on the quote I found for my title, and there you will find many, many more that will help you gain the confidence you will need, that is, if you're doubting yourself, on FW 2.

I feel much more comfortable now than I did in the beginning of the semester. I was intimidated by treating children, but by letting them feel like they have control and with our guidance and a lot of fun, it's really not a big deal at all!

The most interesting information I learned this semester was the importance of tummy time. Even though I have three children, and they all did have plenty of tummy time, no one ever really explained to me all the benefits it affords our children. If I ever work with babies, I will be able to confidently explain to the parents why this is such an important time in their children lives and how it prepares them up for the rest of the life.

I feel like I'm as ready as I ever will be for FW 2. I believe I am much better in the field than in school anyway, so I can't wait to get out there! It's refreshing to finally see how all we've learned in this program coming together and making sense.

It was refreshing to see children during my fieldwork experience like and participate in activities that I made and tailored to the skills we were working on. What has made me feel like, "Yes, I can do this!" is the feedback I have received from all three of my instructors. If they feel like I can do this, then, why should I doubt them!

When I'm at a fieldwork site, and my CI is conducting a treatment session and I understand why and what she's doing, makes me feel like I have "come of age" in my OTA development.

No comments:

Post a Comment