Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Postpartum depression

I recently met someone suffering from postpartum depression. I have two children myself and I never had to deal with this issue. Postpartum depression is something I do not know a lot about. Therefore, my understanding of it's impact on a mother is limited. Having suffered from another form of depression and how debilitating it was, I know how hard it is to go through something others don't understand unless they have been through it themselves. This person I met had a lot of medical problems other than PPD. It seemed to me that the PPD was the last thing the medical field was concentrating on or treating. I wonder if the PPD had been considered among the top things being treated, would some of the other conditions improve faster? I think attitude is one of the most important things in getting well. If a mother has PPD, I'm sure her attitude would be affected. The mind can have both a healthy and unhealthy effect on the body. If you think someone is suffering from PPD, don't judge them, please talk to them and get them to seek medical advice. Click on the title for signs and symptoms of PPD.

No comments:

Post a Comment