Thursday, February 24, 2011

Running My First Group

I ran my first "real" group yesterday, and it was scary. I had lots of help though, and as a result, we finished our craft sooner than expected, but that was okay. My team members and I decided to focus on the IADL health management from the chart on page 443 with the focus on making healthier decisions to promote overall well-being. We made stress-relief rice bags, and since we had extra time, the guys were able to make one for their store and one for themselves. They enjoyed their stretching routine that took place before the activity. They seemed to like the idea that football players are now doing yoga. I didn't want them to think that yoga and stretching was just a girl thing. Overall, I think it went well, but now I really understand how hard it is to have clients with different issues in the same group. As I talked to some of the employees at this facility, I thought what great people and how nice of an environment it is there. I think to myself how these guys would be if the environment wasn't so warm and inviting and that's also scary!
Check out this link. It's just a short testimony from a football player who enjoys yoga.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5lRM-d9IwE
Here's a link just for fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDP1-gcDcAI

No comments:

Post a Comment