Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blogging

I have enjoyed reading every one's blogs. I can't always think about what I want to put on mine and reading the other posts will sometimes give me ideas. We went to our fieldwork for our interview. Our leader was busy with a CPR class so we did not have staff around to interview us and us them. The three of us that went sat around the table with three of the residents and talked to them and played a few games. One was visually impaired so it made it a challenge to play games that were just verbal so he could participate.
One of the clients, who most of us met when we visited the first time, made the remark "This place is what you make of it. The Lord put me here for a reason and I have to make the best of it." What a great statement to hear from him. I don't know that I would feel the same if it were me. I like to think I would feel the same way and have a positive attitude, but I don't know. I don't like the thought that something could happen to me that would take away my independence. I love to help others any way I can, but I like to be the giver, not the receiver.

No comments:

Post a Comment