Friday, September 23, 2011

Pediatrics

What a great day! We went to an elementary school to work with children who are in kindergarten and first grade. I was a little nervous about going even though the school system is where I want to work when I graduate. I love children and the honesty they bring to life. The boys I worked with were great! They were not shy and they were eager to do the tasks. We learned in class that sometimes it takes children a while to open up to strangers, but not these boys. I have worked as a substitute before and I have learned that most children want to please and most just want someone to pay attention to them. These boys were just a year apart but the difference a year makes was evidenced by the way they wrote their names and the way they used scissors and crayons. I feel good about being able to go back and work with them for two more sessions. I feel like we have already established a connection and trust with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment