Thursday, January 27, 2011

Blog As a Learning Tool?

After spending some time playing around with my profile and getting to know the blog, I am feeling pretty positive about this new learning tool. My first reaction about blogging was "why can't we just use BB". I took Abnormal Psy. last semester and spent a great deal of time on BB. The more I am learning and exploring our new blog site the more I am seeing the potential benefits. First, I have a lot going on in this brain of mine. I have questions, thoughts, and frustrations that need to come out. This is a great tool for other students and myself as well. The best part.....if you are feeling what I am saying and want to read more you can; if not simply stop reading. I love it. I don't necessarily know if you read till the end or stop at hello. This helps me feel more confident and honest in my writing. BB seems so instructor driven. I enjoy having the dimension of more student to student plus outside connections. We are now learning from each other, instructors and ourselves. The topics can come from anywhere. I am still leaning the ends and out of blogging. I still need time to perfect the flow of my writing, but am pleased at the opportunity to learn something new this semester. The other positive thing about blogging compared to BB is that the blog site can stay up and running for who knows how long. Typically when the semester is over you can not go back and review your discussion board. This is a virtual diary giving me a chance to be consistent with my journal thoughts. I also love the spell check!!

No comments:

Post a Comment