Monday, March 26, 2012

Wow this blog hates me...

This will be the 2nd time I've tried to post this and the 3578926 time I've tried to figure this blog out... Anyways, this is my post about NAMI since I have had a heck of a time trying to get on here. I really enjoyed listening to them talk about their experiences it really helps to hear it first hand rather than reading it in the book. It helps us as OTA's see a person as an individual and not the diagnosis. It shows how important it is to get to know the person because a lot of what they are going through is influenced on their past experiences. It's amazing how much both Shane and Samual have overcome in their life and their motivation to speak and help others experiencing simular troubles. It was interesting learning about the "dark days" because I think whether someone has a diagnosis or not, you experiencing those low times once in a while. It's important for patients to know that and know that it's okay to have those feelings, but what can we as therapists do to help them cope when they have those tough times. I'm glad we got to meet them and hear about NAMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment