Thursday, February 23, 2012

FW Experience

The first day of Fieldwork I felt pretty nervous. I did not know what to expect from the employees. I was not sure of the range of functioning or the different levels of functioning. They had a lot more energy than I originally thought. There is definitely a wide range of disability between all of the employees.The first day we passed a ball around and had a "get to know you" session. We asked that they tell us their name, favorite color, special interests...etc. We also played a game of bowling with 2 liter bottles and a ball. We quickly figured out that we will have to have a lot of activities (and maybe some backup activities as well) as this group has limited attention spans. The second week I felt less nervous and was looking forward to seeing the group again! I am still feeling a little overwhelmed because the group is so large and they leave at different times and it is hard to keep track of everyone while doing an activity. This may get better the more that I see them and learn names and see about what time they leave... I have to lead the group next week, so I am planning, planning, planning! Hopefully it will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment